FAT Tracker

Welcome.....

That is it! I am fed up with being FAT! I started my last diet on Monday 5-3-10, I started at 214lbs and got down to 201. And then it slowly crept it's way back up to 213 where i have been for about 6-9 months until Dec 2011 where I balooned up to 218.5lbs! Not happy about it....so...come hell or high water I am doing it for good this time. Mc Donald’s may go bankrupt, but that is a price I am just going to have to pay. I am starting off small, with a goal of 10lbs. It is achievable, and a target I can easily keep my eyes on. The bathroom scale just might implode with all the abuse it is about to get, but since there is no government agency in charge of keeping a fat chicks scale safe, it is a risk I am willing to take. So I will lovingly say goodbye to my raspberry mocha frappachino’s, French fries, and Ice Cream this weekend. Dear lord, I have a giant box of clothes that I love, that I haven’t seen in years. I am sick of these fat clothes. Sick of being out of breath all the time. Sick of not being able to keep up. I suffer fromPCOS, polycystic ovarian syndrome which is the symptomatic version of PCOD. My last glucose test was not good. I am now insulin resistant or a more fatal term, pre-diabetic. I cannot continue to torture my body this way anymore and expect to have a wonderful long life. I have tried the drug Metformin in the past, and it made me feel ill all the time. I will have to do the Atkins or South beach diet, as anything with carbs of any kind, is a no-no for my disease. I will need to go shopping this weekend so that I am prepared on Monday morning with a breakfast that will he. Before my long drive to work, that results in being hungry by the time I pass McDonalds. I would like to actually drive BY the golden arches, rather than be lulled by the smell of sausage and hashbrowns. And……while I am at it, I think I will quit smoking too!


So there you have it. I said it. Put it in writing. I surely must have to do it! Right?


Join me for a wild Ride!

Skinny On
Michelle

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Diet....Check it out

Day One....AGAIN....
Weight: 218.5 lbs
Cigarettes: 18

Well, here I sit, just as fat as ever! I guess stress and what not had caused me to find a few of those lost pounds…not that I was looking for them. Then I shredded my knee and became stationary for a few months….well that helped me to find a few more lost pounds that I swore were gone for ever. But, as always…..I regret the day I threw out all my winter fat clothes! It’s cold and I refuse to buy new clothes.


A few weeks ago, I was suffering from insomnia one night as I frequently do and of course a diet infomercial came on and razzle dazzled me to pick up the phone and get my ‘free’ trial. I suppose the PMS wasn’t helping as I teared up at the very sight of myself in the mirror. How could I let myself gain 18lbs?? I haven’t been this heavy in YEARS and I was not skinny to start with. Not to mention, I have been the same weight for 6mos and in the last 30days I gained 5 more lbs. Not only did I throw out my fat clothes…I threw out my biggest “skinny” clothes too. And to define “skinny”, I mean…..the “this is as fat as I ever want to be again”. My REAL skinny clothes are in a box in the attic. For now, I have nearly nothing to wear….at least in the winter department. Capri’s are getting a bit cold at 40 degrees!!!

So when I saw this infomercial with a reality tv star from a show I watch, Patti Stanger from Millionaire Matchmaker ……she lost weight with this stuff….so maybe….just maybe… I could too. Well, now I am not so naïve that I don’t know about celebrity endorsements….but unlike being able to tell if someone really wears their nike shoes, or really wash their face with this heavenly cream, Patti REALLY did loose weight, there is no denying that based on the video…..NOT photo shop pics! So…… What is it you ask….???.....It’s “Sensa”….the ‘sounds too good to be true’ diet plan where you eat what you want and just sprinkle this stuff on it. It is suppose to be odorless, tasteless and textureless.

Now I have tried just about every diet on the market…..over the last 20ys….and that is a lot of diets. I have been quite successful using several of them, but only one allows me to keep it off and that is Atkins. Problem is…as always….WILL Power. Cuz oh how I love those Carbs. I have tried pills ala prescription, over the counter and herbal, HGC injections, low carb, no carb, low fat, low protein, FDA guidelines, the china plate diet, Weight watchers, Michael Thurman, South Beach, Atkins, just to name a few of the biggies….. and don’t even get me started on the sheer volume of work out dvd’s I have….that came with god only knows how many pieces of equipment…..all covered in dust. My latest and greatest was the Medi Fast diet, more affectionately called by me….’the cardboard food diet’.

With my cupboards filled with little boxes of chocolate covered cardboard hell, I thought I would sprinkle this sensa stuff on it and kill one fat cell with two bullets. After all, I did already spend the money on this crap, so I figured I would give it one last honest effort. Being that I have PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease) I am honestly not suppose to have carbs….they do a number on my hormones and cause me to gain weight faster than other people…not to mention grow a beard! With my one last chance, I got my Sensa shakers on Saturday and decided to start this thing on Tuesday. Let me say this Medi Fast stuff did a number on me on day one. I was carb crashing all over the place and the Sensa was just no match for THAT and my PMS munchies. So after one day, I called a friend who lost a lot of weight using Medi Fast and asked her if she wanted to buy the rest of what I have. I just can’t bring myself to eat cardboard ever again. Truth be told, I would rather be fat that eat that crap again! I have to say the food bars were not that bad. The shakes when made in the blender with ice, were also not bad, they just gave me the carb highs and lows. The eggs and brownies were the most tolerable and nearest to REAL food as your gonna get. But lets face it….who can live on eggs n brownies?

Of course this is what is so appealing with the Sensa diet, is that you can eat what ever you want. You don’t have to deprive yourself of anything, if you so choose. I however know my body cannot handle the carbs, so I have chosen to go the low carb again and hope that the Sensa will be my Will Power in a shaker to help me eat the way I should. BUT….since the one thing the Sensa diet purports is that the reason why diets fail in the first place….is the fact that few people can survive depriving them selves and then binge to make it up…..so I decided, IF I so choose to eat something with carbs, I will have my Sensa to help me be “Sensa”ble about it. So again…still killing one fat cell with two bullets…..at least that is my theory. I mean honestly….how hard is it to shake a little stuff on your food before you eat it?? Maybe I will burn a few calories while shaking….LOL!!!

I thought I would blog about my journey and see if I can shed a few pounds for hopefully the last time in my life, as I dearly love blogging about my horse journey…..basically…I love writing. I know people will be looking for reviews of this new fangled Sensa diet…..and most of the ones I could find were just one small snippet…..here or there.....of it either working or not working….not the day in and day out of the diet itself. Sit back and enjoy….it’s sure to be an interesting ride.

PS….of course I am trying to quit smoking still too!  My earlier few posts were from the Medi-Fast diet

Be “Sensa”ble
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice....I know I am FAT!