FAT Tracker

Welcome.....

That is it! I am fed up with being FAT! I started my last diet on Monday 5-3-10, I started at 214lbs and got down to 201. And then it slowly crept it's way back up to 213 where i have been for about 6-9 months until Dec 2011 where I balooned up to 218.5lbs! Not happy about it....so...come hell or high water I am doing it for good this time. Mc Donald’s may go bankrupt, but that is a price I am just going to have to pay. I am starting off small, with a goal of 10lbs. It is achievable, and a target I can easily keep my eyes on. The bathroom scale just might implode with all the abuse it is about to get, but since there is no government agency in charge of keeping a fat chicks scale safe, it is a risk I am willing to take. So I will lovingly say goodbye to my raspberry mocha frappachino’s, French fries, and Ice Cream this weekend. Dear lord, I have a giant box of clothes that I love, that I haven’t seen in years. I am sick of these fat clothes. Sick of being out of breath all the time. Sick of not being able to keep up. I suffer fromPCOS, polycystic ovarian syndrome which is the symptomatic version of PCOD. My last glucose test was not good. I am now insulin resistant or a more fatal term, pre-diabetic. I cannot continue to torture my body this way anymore and expect to have a wonderful long life. I have tried the drug Metformin in the past, and it made me feel ill all the time. I will have to do the Atkins or South beach diet, as anything with carbs of any kind, is a no-no for my disease. I will need to go shopping this weekend so that I am prepared on Monday morning with a breakfast that will he. Before my long drive to work, that results in being hungry by the time I pass McDonalds. I would like to actually drive BY the golden arches, rather than be lulled by the smell of sausage and hashbrowns. And……while I am at it, I think I will quit smoking too!


So there you have it. I said it. Put it in writing. I surely must have to do it! Right?


Join me for a wild Ride!

Skinny On
Michelle

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Things I've learned from cardboard

As I sit here and attempt to eat my first ever portion of “stew”, I am reminded of the things that you can learn from cardboard.
I discovered this weekend a way to perk up my strawberry shakes.  Along with ice and water I added 5 frozen blue berries, a smidgen of wheat grass and 2 tsps of pomegranate juice.  I figured it would be my version of a jamba juice.  It actually reminded me of one, so please don’t spoil my strawberry delusions!  However my delusions of grandure were deflated this morning when I realized that my beloved wheat grass does NOT go with chocolate!  Every whif and every sip on my way to work, smelled and tasted like something my horse should be eating.  I am not a hippie or yuppie, nor do I live in the vortex known as Davis CA, so I will NOT be combining these again.
The bars are good, so I will be ordering MANY of these on my next order because….for lunch….
 I was carrying the cup in front of me as I walked from the lunch room and back to my hell hole of a desk.  I smelled something familiar, but it surely didn’t remind me of ‘stew’.  I thought maybe I was following a fart trail.   I got back to my desk and set it on my candle warmer for it’s indeterminate amount of ‘soak time’ that supposedly makes all this crap edible…..while I completed a call with a client.  The odor became a little stronger and it hit me……it smells perilously close to dog food.  At that whif, I figured I better just salt it now, so the first sip is at least salty flavored dog food.  So there I sit, staring into my cup, praying to my creator, that it doesn’t taste like dog food.  I figured I would start with the broth…whew that is OK.  Then I tried what I can only assume is a potato as it is white, yet it tastes like a freeze dried pea.  Not bad, I can tolerate those.  Now for the ‘beef’. …….remember that commercial ‘where’s the beef’?  Well I think it is in the dog food can, and the dog food is in my bowl!  My saving grace is that there aren’t that many pieces, the chunks are small, and I was able to slurp them up quickly and be done with them.  I think if ever you could manufacture barf….this would be it!
Skinny On
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. LOL and LOL some more. I can't stop smiling. That is so funny!!! ...fart trail... hahaha Keep going, girl! Keep with the cardboard... and I want a weigh in soon so I will know if it is working. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I a little birdy told me that you are still eating your meal plans but you are also cheating too! No more candies from Mike's cubie!!! Come one, you can do this. You are spending lots of money on this... Make it work for you! Big hugs. Blog more.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice....I know I am FAT!