FAT Tracker

Welcome.....

That is it! I am fed up with being FAT! I started my last diet on Monday 5-3-10, I started at 214lbs and got down to 201. And then it slowly crept it's way back up to 213 where i have been for about 6-9 months until Dec 2011 where I balooned up to 218.5lbs! Not happy about it....so...come hell or high water I am doing it for good this time. Mc Donald’s may go bankrupt, but that is a price I am just going to have to pay. I am starting off small, with a goal of 10lbs. It is achievable, and a target I can easily keep my eyes on. The bathroom scale just might implode with all the abuse it is about to get, but since there is no government agency in charge of keeping a fat chicks scale safe, it is a risk I am willing to take. So I will lovingly say goodbye to my raspberry mocha frappachino’s, French fries, and Ice Cream this weekend. Dear lord, I have a giant box of clothes that I love, that I haven’t seen in years. I am sick of these fat clothes. Sick of being out of breath all the time. Sick of not being able to keep up. I suffer fromPCOS, polycystic ovarian syndrome which is the symptomatic version of PCOD. My last glucose test was not good. I am now insulin resistant or a more fatal term, pre-diabetic. I cannot continue to torture my body this way anymore and expect to have a wonderful long life. I have tried the drug Metformin in the past, and it made me feel ill all the time. I will have to do the Atkins or South beach diet, as anything with carbs of any kind, is a no-no for my disease. I will need to go shopping this weekend so that I am prepared on Monday morning with a breakfast that will he. Before my long drive to work, that results in being hungry by the time I pass McDonalds. I would like to actually drive BY the golden arches, rather than be lulled by the smell of sausage and hashbrowns. And……while I am at it, I think I will quit smoking too!


So there you have it. I said it. Put it in writing. I surely must have to do it! Right?


Join me for a wild Ride!

Skinny On
Michelle

Friday, April 30, 2010

The beginning story, getting prepared

Weight: 210lbs.........Cigarettes: 20+

So here we are, the Friday before the diet. I started my day with a ham and cheese paninni and a raspberry mocha frap. Surely a couple thousand calories I no longer need to apply directly to my hips. At least my freshly laundered jeans fit this morning, so I haven’t outgrown any of my current clothes. WHEW! Though breathing is a bit labored here in my cubicle as I type this. I shouldn’t have to explain to anyone who is over weight why freshly laundered jeans fit different than a pair on their second or third outing. Shopping list for tonight will consist of no carb vedgies and meat stuffs. I will attempt to go my first week as close to NO carb as I can. I have called the pharmacy and my prescription will be waiting for me to pick up later today. I have nicotine patches in my bathroom drawer, I just need a pair of scissors to open them. Ya know how easy it is for an addict of any kind to have excuses to not kick the habit. I would hate for a pair of scissors to be my downfall. I will boil some eggs on Sunday and get a little lunch box tonight to keep things in the fridge at work starting Monday. I think that should do it. Plan written out and executed to perfection should have me ready to succeed from day one.


Skinny On

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice....I know I am FAT!